Here in this article, we are going to discuss how to use turmeric to make a turmeric lemon juice, discuss the nutrition facts, and much more.
Turmeric juice is one of the best ways to enjoy the flavor and health benefits of fresh turmeric.
As I said before, we will show you how to use turmeric to make turmeric lemon juice using different kitchen appliances so you can also enjoy it with us!
Turmeric is a delicious and healthy drink. It is a great way to start your morning and a great way to refresh yourself in the afternoon. Turmeric juice is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Turmeric will stain your hands, nails, counter, cutting boards, and utensils. Use gloves if you have somewhere to be!!
How To Use Turmeric To Make A Turmeric Lemon Juice
This recipe takes around 15-20 minutes to make, and it only requires a few ingredients. It’s a simple, easy turmeric juice recipe.
Turmeric juice can be made in high-powered blenders, juicing machines, or bullet blenders. For a single batch, we use our bullet blender, but for large batches, we use our Vitamix.
- 1 to 2 fresh lemons
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of freshly grated turmeric root or turmeric powder
- Honey or maple syrup (optional, for sweetness)
- Water or sparkling water (optional, for dilution)
Prepare the Turmeric:
- Peel and grate the fresh turmeric root if you are using fresh turmeric.
- Use about 1 to 2 teaspoons of finely grated turmeric if you are using turmeric powder. Measure out 1 to 2 teaspoons.
Juice the Lemons:
- To extract the juice, squeeze the fresh lemons. You will usually need about 1 to 2 lemons depending on your preference and the size of your lemons.
Mix the Ingredients:
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice in a glass or pitcher with the grated Turmeric or Turmeric powder.
- Stir well to incorporate the turmeric into the lemon juice.
Add Sweetener (Optional):
- Add Honey or Maple Syrup to Turmeric Lemon Juice if you like. Make it as sweet as you like.
- If you think the strength or tartness of the mixture is too strong, you can mix it with water or with sparkling water to your liking and the desired consistency.
Serve and Enjoy:
- The turmeric lemon juice should be poured into glasses with ice cubes if desired.
- For the presentation, you can add a slice of lemon and sprinkle with turmeric powder.
- Turmeric can sometimes cause discoloration of surfaces and clothing, so be careful when using it, especially when it’s freshly grated.
- If you’re not used to the taste of turmeric, start with a small amount and increase as needed.
- It’s common for turmeric to sit at the bottom of a glass, so mix the juice before drinking to spread the turmeric evenly.
- Place turmeric in a glass jar or bottle that is tightly sealed. Plastic containers may stain the turmeric, so glass is the best option.
- Place the turmeric in a refrigerator for at least 3-4 days to preserve the juice and reduce oxidation. If not consumed immediately, the juice should be filled to the top of the jar to reduce air exposure.
- To add a bright, citrus flavor, a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon juice can be added to preserve the color and antioxidant levels of the turmeric.
- The acidity of the juice helps to stabilize it. Shake or stir the jar daily to spread out the settings.
- The turmeric should settle to the bottom of the jar over time. Before drinking, strain the juice through a thin mesh strainer, or cheesecloth, to remove sediment.
- Discard the juice if it smells or tastes off before 3-4 days. For longer-term storage, frozen turmeric juice trays can be used.
- Frozen turmeric cubes can also be thawed and used for smoothies and other drinks.
- Glass jars can be used again and again.
- Wash them thoroughly in warm, soapy water.
- Wipe off any turmeric residue quickly to avoid discoloration.
These easy storage tips will keep your fresh turmeric juice fresh and healthy for a few days.
Serving Size: 6 ounces
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value
|Total Fat 0.4g
|Total Carbohydrate 34.6g
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g
Here’s the scoop on what’s in turmeric juice: 1.25 cups of water. If you’re looking for a more concentrated shot of turmeric, we recommend adding half coconut milk to the water.
Why Drink Turmeric Juice?
Turmeric is popular in health and wellness circles right now, and it’s probably why you’ve come across this recipe.
It can also help with homeostasis, and it’s known to be an effective anti-inflammatory.
To get the most out of turmeric, it’s said to be paired with black pepper and healthy fat.
Black pepper helps your body get more of the curcuminoid in turmeric, and fat helps your body absorb more of it.
FAQs Related To How To Use Turmeric To Make A Turmeric Lemon Juice
Is it good to mix turmeric with lemon juice?
Yes. Lemon and Turmeric water are natural detoxifiers for your body.
How much turmeric should I put in my lemon water?
1/4 tsp is just perfect
How do you use raw turmeric in juice?
Add the fresh turmeric with ginger and cut into small pieces. Leave the skin intact, but peel as well.
Put the turmeric mixture, ginger mixture, black pepper mixture, and water in a high-powered blender.
Does turmeric and lemon lighten skin?
Turmeric Lemon Oil Lightens and Brightens Uneven Skin Tone for Radiant Glowing Skin. This Turmeric Lemon Oil is for the
How long does it take for turmeric and lemon to lighten skin?
3 to 4 weeks
How do you mix turmeric and lemon for dark spots?
Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder to milk and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
What is the best time to drink turmeric water?
In the morning
Other Helpful Blog Posts:
- How To Use Turmeric Haldi To Weight Loss
- How To Use Turmeric To Brighten Skin Rongdhono
- How To Use Turmeric To Clear Up My Skin Breakouts
- How To Prepare Fresh Turmeric For Cooking
- Top 13 Side Effects Of Garlic And Lemon Water
- The Health Benefits of Lemon: A Guide to Nature’s Healing Power
- Adult Lemon Costume – The First Choice