Let’s take a look at the 10 tips to keep your nails strong and pretty!
It’s spring cleaning and outdoor gardening season again. While our hands and fingernails are required for these tasks, you do not have to destroy your manicure.
10 Tips To Keep Your Nails Strong And Pretty
If you follow the nail care suggestions below, your nails will never indicate that you have been digging in the dirt or scrubbing the kitchen floor.
1) Protect your nails by wearing cotton-lined rubber gloves for spring cleaning and daily household duties that need you to get your hands wet.
Why? Our fingernails swell when moist and shrink when dry, causing our fingernails to lose strength.
Rubber gloves coated with cotton absorb moisture while keeping your hands and nails dry.
2) As with cleaning, it is critical to use the proper gloves when working in the garden. While working with damp soil, chemicals, or liquid fertilizers, it is advisable to use water-resistant rubber gloves.
Consider wearing thicker cowhide gloves for gardening tasks such as digging or weeding.
3) Apply lotion or cream to your cuticles before putting on cleaning or gardening gloves to keep them moisturized.
Try hand creams with oils like shea butter, eucalyptus, flower, or jojoba.
4) Rub an alphahydroxy acid or lanolin-containing moisturizer into your nail tips to help prevent cracks.
You may also massage vitamin E oil into your cuticles to add moisture. Keep a bottle of vitamin E oil on your bathroom sink as a reminder to apply it to your cuticles.
RELATED: The Best Spring Nails Colors
5) Always file or buff your nails in a single direction. Splitting occurs when you file or buff your nails back and forth.
6) Consume folic acid-rich foods such as whole grains, berries, kale, and citrus fruits to increase nail strength and flexibility.
7) It is also critical to consume enough water. Because it keeps the body hydrated, this is essential for fingernail health.
8) Avoid using nails as tools, such as digging or plucking, to avoid breaking them.
9) Utilize alcohol-containing items cautiously. Some products can cause fingernails to break.
10) Do you file your fingernail corners? This may cause the nails to weaken and break more easily.
RELATED: How To Stop Premature Nail Splitting
Nail Polish Tips:
Wipe your nails with nail polish remover to prepare them for polish. This will remove any grease from your nails and extend the life of your lacquer.
Let the nail polish dry completely before applying another layer.
Instead of one thick coat of nail polish, apply multiple thin coats to your fingernails. This makes the polish dry faster and last longer.
Avoid removing and reapplying nail polish more than once or twice a week to avoid drying out your nails.
Try using a moisturizer-containing nail polish remover. This will aid to hydrate your nails while limiting product damage.
After each usage, use a cotton ball to wipe the top of the bottle with nail polish remover to prevent it from becoming stuck shut.
According to experts, the best location to preserve nail polish is in the refrigerator. If you keep your nail paint in a warm environment, the consistency will alter.
RELATED: 16 Spring Nails Colors For Dark Skin
If you don’t have time to polish your nails or prefer not to apply polish, you can use a buffing cream and a chamois buffer to shine them. This is a lovely and natural look.
A Word From GetMe Treated
You will have better-looking hands if you follow the above 10 tips to keep your nails strong and pretty and make an effort to have healthy and attractive nails. You should also think about getting a hand massage.
This will increase circulation, promote nail growth, and, most importantly, pamper you, your hands, and your fingernails!