In this article, we discuss about how to apply acrylic nails at home! To get the trick, make sure you read the article to the end!
Although acrylic nails are not new, they have grown in popularity over the previous decade.
Even women with naturally beautiful and strong nails will use acrylic nails to acquire a fashionable look. Unfortunately, creating the appearance can be costly.
Here are some tips on how to apply acrylic nails at home:
1) Remove any old nail polish with nail polish remover. Avoid using any product that is very drying on the nail.
2) Wash your hands and immerse them for about 5 minutes in warm water. This softens the cuticles, making it easier to trim them evenly and install artificial nails.
3) File your nails and trim and push back your cuticles. Acrylics do not need to be applied on lengthy nails.
4) Select the nail sizes for each artificial nail. If you can’t locate the exact size for your nail, go up a size and file down the corners to suit.
5) Apply nail adhesive to your natural nail and press the artificial nail into position. Hold it in place for approximately 10 seconds.
6) Once all of the nails have been applied, cut and file them to the desired length.
7) Apply primer to all of your nails and let them dry.
- The acrylic is now ready to be applied. Using your brush, dip it into the monomer solution.
Dip the wet brush into the acrylic powder until a bead of powder forms.
RELATED: 7 Spring Nails Colors For Pale Skin
It takes some effort to figure out how large of a bead you need for each nail size, but you can always apply more and smooth and polish the excess away later.
9) To apply, begin at the base of your nail and flatten the bead, then brush it forward toward the tip of the nail.
Dip your brush into the wet solution again to smooth out the bead across the entire nail and tip.
10) Repeat with the other hand.
11) Smooth the tops of the nails and file the edges to a regular shape. Buffing not only smoothes but it can also be used to thin out thick acrylic.
12) Finish with your preferred color of polish and you’re done! Salons frequently add style by including nail art designs or rhinestones. Have some fun with it and let your imagination run wild.
RELATED: 6 Spring Nails Colors And Designs
It can be frustrating at first to try to apply acrylic with your less dominant hand. With a little practice, you’ll be able to use both hands without difficulty.
A Word From GetMe Treated
The above are simple and easy tips on how to apply acrylic nails at home! When removing the acrylic from your nails, use extreme caution.
If not done correctly, you can cause major injuries that will take a long time to heal.
RELATED: Acrylic Nails in Quick Easy Steps
Soaking them in acetone for around 20 minutes will help soften them. There are numerous commercial brands of remover available that will assist in removing them while keeping them healthy.